(Image source : Google)
As a digital marketing professional, digital medium is what I live, breathe and repeat each day. With so much information getting absorbed every single moment, there are times when it all becomes too much to handle. You’re so connected to everything, that it gets scary and overwhelming.
And that’s the best time to go for a Digital detox. It involves deactivating your major social profiles for few days, including Whatsapp and stay disconnected. The only medium you’re probably available on is Email, because Hey, you can’t ignore your email. Digital detox is from personal connections, not from work- Always remember that.
The most important part of a detox – You just disappear from everywhere, without shouting it loud and telling every person who might listen to you, but after finishing any pending tasks you might have. If you shout about your detox before actually going for it, it loses value and all of it. My detox sessions are mostly impulsive, but my mind knows when to press that Red button.
Do you need a DETOX, see the Checklist and decide :-
1) Social media is on your mind ALWAYS and you’re constantly thinking in 140 or Hashtags.
2) You’re feeling the need of living upto a certain image on Social media and it’s getting monotonous and heavy for the mind.
3) Not spending enough time with your thoughts, and yourself.
4) Losing focus in your real job, relationships and responsibilities.
5) Your friends challenge you to stop with the Facebooking, Tweeting, Instagramming etc. Haha. Probably they’re tired of listening about your non-stop gushing.
So just take a break. It’ll be difficult in the beginning, but your mind will feel lighter. You’d not write/share your thoughts on a platform, but you’d sit and think them with yourself. And it’ll be liberating!!
I’ve been on a detox since Friday and went back after 5 days. This detox helped me to think aloud, watched The Secret that I’d been wanting to since forever. I feel happier and more composed, and definitely got refilled with the Digital energies to delight the world. Do it and feel the change!